I love books. I’ve been an avid reader since I moved to NJ at the age of 11 and found myself spending most of my free time in my elementary school’s library. To say that I was a “shy” kid is an understatement. I’m pretty sure the librarian was my best friend that year.
One of my favorite things to do as the year winds down is to peruse the year’s “best books” lists, figuring out which ones I’ve read and which ones need to go to the top of my upcoming year’s reading list.
I have not consistently followed through on this ritual over the past few years but I’m determined to get back to it! Fortunately, websites and apps such as Goodreads makes it easy.
A look back at some of my favorite books read over the past year:
- Buy Yourself the F*cking Lilies: And Other Rituals to Fix Your Life, from Someone Who’s Been There by Tara Schuster
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- In Some Other World, Maybe by Shari Goldhagen
A look forward to some of the books in my reading queue:
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolfe
- Bringing Up Bébé by Pamela Druckerman
- Surrendering to Motherhood: Losing Your Mind, Finding Your Soul by Iris Krasnow
- What to Expect the First Year by Heidi Murkoff
- Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner
- Why We Can’t Sleep: Women’s New Midlife Crisis by Ada Calhoun
- How to Be Alone by Jonathan Franzen
What were some of your favorite books from this year? What are you looking forward to reading in 2021?